Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gatlinburg

Jason had a week off between semesters and luckily we have in-laws who love to travel as much as we do. We met them in Nashville and took off to the Smokey Moutains for a few days.


I don't have the photos yet of all of us together, but here's a little family pic.



Javen spent most of his trip in this carrier. Which thanks goodness he loved it. And if your looking for an extra good workout carry 20+ lbs. on your back!






See? He loved it.



He even fell asleep, I don't know how but he did.



We also had our 4 year anniversay while we were there. Wahoo! Here's to us, four years later and it keeps getting better and better.



This really doesn't do the scenery any justice. It was amazing. We mostly hiked to waterfalls, but I don't have those pics yet either.





The next few are my up-close and personals with nature...I got to borrow my mother-in-laws macro lens and had way too much fun.







This little guy has a story..we called him the alien. We looked and there seriously was nothing holding him in mid-air, which is why we concluded that he must be an alien. He followed us back to the cabin too by riding on our car. crazy. Just look at him. Alien, right?


I know this one is a little blurry but I've never actually seen a centipede. He did this cool little curl up in a ball thing when you touched him with your foot. we tried to get a photo of it....but lets just say we were a little too forceful and this little centipede is no longer. whoops.



Maybe if my eyes were this big I'd be able to see better.





Sue braved this one. I was too big of a chicken, but she got a great pic.



The last stop of our trip was this site. I don't remember the name, but it's the highest point of the smokey mountains. They say this is what it looks like pretty much every day...which I assume is the reason for their name.





The trip was amazing and hopefully I'll get around to puting up some waterfall photos. We spent the rest of our trip in Charlotte, NC and Charleston, and those places need thier own post.

8 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

It looks like a blast and you got some awesome pictures. That alien bug is crazy! I love the east coast, glad you are enjoying it.

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! Your little family is so cute. I miss you all. And happy anniversary! Four years down, and I still have no kids. :) haha

Lant Family said...

Looks like a fun trip to explore nature. Javen is so cute and I love the picture of him so happy in the carrier.

John and Rachel Erickson said...

I love the matching shiny basketball shorts in the family picture. I think you need one of those close up lenses. Totally cool (except for centipedes-they deserve to die, too many creepy legs).

The Sullengers said...

How fun - we might be heading there this fall for the changing of the colors! We have a picture of it in our house and just think it is a beautiful area! So I'm jealous!

Tyler and Jill said...

You are such a good photographer. I love alien! Sam's Club obviously thinks you're a professional photographer!! :)

Cade and Kelsie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We are gating excited to come see you. We booked our flights last night!

Whitney said...

that looks sooo pretty! love the close up photos!